Caring for Your Glass-Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- Do not allow the concrete to stay wet for long periods of time.
- Cover the concrete well when you are expecting rain.
- Do not cover the concrete while it is wet without first drying it.
- Excessive heat may cause the concrete to crack, so installing a burner with any more heat than the ones listed in this guide is not recommended.
- Use of a wind-guard is also recommended.
- Use care when installing or moving your concrete fire table. Concrete is strong, but also heavy, and can chip when set down too forcefully.
- If the table becomes chipped, use the chip repair kit included and follow the instructions included with the chip repair kit.
- Clean your table regularly, and if you notice any efflorescence (white spots) on the concrete, gently buff it out with a 380 grit scotchbrite scouring pad. This is a normal occurrence on concrete resulting from salts mitigating to the surface.
- You can apply a coat of paste wax to the surface with a damp cloth, then buff it off wth a fine scotchbrite pad to add a layer of shine to your concrete as well.